Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup cornmeal (white or yellow)
- 1 cup flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 to 2 jalapenos, washed, seeded and minced
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Romano, Swiss, your favorite*)
Grease 9x13 pan and place in oven.
In a medium bowl, combine second set of ingredients. Stir into dry ingredients until just mixed. Stir in jalapenos and cheese. Remove pan from oven and pour batter into heated pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
** I made mine with half white Vermont Cheddar and freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.