All you need is an apple and the ingredients you normally have on hand to make this recipe for Apple Muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or butter, melted
- 1 cup sweet-tart medium to large apple, cored, peeled and chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin or use paper liners. With a wire whisk combine first set of ingredients. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add chopped apple and wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir only until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until tested done with tester.