Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Streusel -
- 1-1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons* ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon* freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon* allspice
- 1 cup butter, softened
- Cake -
- 18 ounce yellow, white or butter cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or softened butter
- 16 ounce can solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon* ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon* freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon* allspice
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped and lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake ingredients. With electric mixer, on low mix until ingredients are just moisten. Mix for an additional 2 minutes until combined. Pour one half of the batter into cake pan. Sprinkle 1/3 streusel mixture and 1/2 cup nuts over batter, careful to not touch sides or center of pan. Top with remaining batter. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully, remove from pan onto wire rack. Cool completely before glazing.
In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining streusel ingredients with heavy cream. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted. Stir in remaining nuts. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Notes in the Margin -*Pumpkin Pie Spice may be substituted for spices.
**Cake may also be made in a 9x13 baking pan. Grease pan only. Place one half batter in pan and spread 1/3 streusel mixture and 1/2 cup nuts over batter. Try not to get any on the sides of the pan. Top with remaining batter. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes. Drizzle glaze over partially or completely cooled cake.
World's Best Bundt Cake Pan