Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: Two Loaves or 24 Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 - 15 ounce can solid pack pumpkin
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon*
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg*
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice*
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, etc), lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins**
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl, mix the second set of ingredients with a wire whisk. Add the nuts and raisins**. Add to the egg mixture and mix thoroughly. Fill the loaf pans or muffin cups with the batter.
Mix the last 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over bread loaves or muffin batter.
Bake the bread at 375 degrees F for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or the muffins for 35 to 40 minutes. When the bread is done, a toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean.
Yields 2 loaves or 24 muffins.***
* You may substitute 4 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for the starred ingredients. Be sure to note that you still need cinnamon for the topping.
** I don't care for raisins so I add 1/3 cup more nuts instead.
***I've only made the loaves of bread so I don't know if this makes 24 small or large muffins. If you prefer large muffins: fill the cups just to the top with batter. If you have any empty muffins cups, fill half full with water.
More Quick Bread RecipesZucchini Bread
Sweet Potato Bread
World's Best Pumpkin Bread
Spicy Ginger Pear Bread
Fresh Peach Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Maraschino Cherry Nut Bread
Kumquat Nut Bread