Prep Time: 8 hours, 00 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 36 graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh cooked or 1 pound can pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon*
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg*
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preparation:Preheat oven to 375. Crush graham crackers (3 cups), mix with sugar and butter. Press mixture into 8 or 9 inch pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes, let cool completely.
Combine next 6 ingredients. Mix well, stir in ice cream. Spoon mixture into cooled crust. Top with pecans. Freeze until firm. Cover with foil to store. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Decorate with whipped cream, if desired.
*Or use 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice.
Many thanks to Mollygb29209 for posting this recipe in the forum.