Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin or fresh pumpkin pulp, processed smooth
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plus vegetable oil or melted and cooled butter
Preparation:Combine dry ingredients with a wire whisk and set aside. In a large bowl, beat milk, pumpkin, egg and oil. Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix only until wet. Batter will be lumpy.
Heat griddle. Brush with oil. Make pancakes using 1/4 cup batter. Cook until top is bubbled and edges dry. Turn and cook for another minute or so. Serve warm with Homemade Butter Pecan Syrup.
*For a fuller-flavored pancake, use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon each of allspice, ginger and freshly ground nutmeg.