- The batter - Start with your favorite pancake batter recipe and simply add canned pumpkin pie mix.
- Water temperature - When preparing dry pancake mix, it is essential that the water is chilled to less than 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Use ice to bring the temperature of the water down.
- Lumps are good - Do not over mix the pancake batter. Small lumps of flour are what make pancakes tall and fluffy.
- Grill temperature - Use a 350-degree grill and make sure there are no hot or cold spots that can affect cooking time.
- Cook time - The appearance is how you judge when a pancake is ready. When dropping the pancake batter, watch for bubbles to form and for the batter to have a dull appearance. This takes approximately 2.5 minutes. After flipping, cook approximately 2 minutes.
- Pancake topping - Top pumpkin pancakes with whipped cream.
IHOP will be serving Pumpkin pancakes through out the month of October.