Low-Fat Tiramisu is a wonderful Italian dessert option for dieters.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 30 minutes
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped (Use food processor)
- 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 8-ounce package fat free cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 8-ounce frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 fat free pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch slices
In food processor with metal blade, process egg substitute and sugar for 30 seconds. Add vanilla; process 1 minute or until pale yellow. Add cream cheese pieces, a few at a time, processing until smooth. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Set aside. In large shallow dish, dissolve espresso powder in the hot water; add the cold water. Quickly dip cake slices into espresso, turning to coat all sides. Arrange slices in bottom of 13x9 inch baking dish or 12 cup shallow dish, smoothing with fingers to mold cake slices together. Sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate. Top with chilled cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Cover; refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Store in refrigerator.