The Bottom Line
Store-bought can never compare to the fresh and creamy taste and texture of homemade ice cream. Other than the necessary advanced planning, the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker is the easiest ice cream maker you'll ever use. Anyone who already owns a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, and enjoys homemade ice cream, sorbet and sherbet, owes it to themselves to get the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment.
- It attaches to the KitchenAid Stand Mixer and fits most models.
- It's easy to use. It makes ice cream in 30 minutes or less.
- No ice or salt is required in making the ice cream.
- Minimal storage. A bowl with parts in it to store, not an entire machine.
- Planning ahead is necessary. The bowl must be in the freezer for at least 15 hours prior to usage.
- All frozen mixtures must be refrigerated 8 hours prior to using KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker.
- Every owner of a KitchenAid stand mixer should have one. The one bowl fits nearly all models.
- Makes two quarts of ice cream, sherbet or sorbet.
- Compact design. Minimal storage concerns.
- No ice or salt necessary.
Guide Review - KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment
The KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment is the perfect KitchenAid stand mixer attachment to add to your collection. I've made both ice cream and sorbet with it so far. Both were superb. There's just nothing like the fresh taste you get from homemade frozen treats. It was easy to use too. The night before I put the bowl in my freezer. I also mixed up my ice cream ingredients and put the mixture in the refrigerator. Prior to making dinner the next day, I attached the Ice Cream Maker Attachment to my KitchenAid stand mixer. I turned it on. I slowly poured the refrigerated mixture in the bowl while it was still on. In approximately 15 minutes I had sorbet or in approximately 25 minutes, I had ice cream. I put the frozen treats in plastic containers, covered them for freezing. By the time we ate them they had been in the freezer for more than 2 hours. Clean-up was easy. I just hand-washed the bowl and attachments. (Only the attachments are dishwasher safe.) Then I placed the attachments and booklets on the bowl for storage.
Ice Cream, Gelato, Sherbet, Sorbet Recipes and More
Basic Vanilla Blueberry Chocolate Chip Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream Strawberry Gelato Peach More Refreshing Ice Creams, Gelatos, Sherbets, Sorbets and Ices