The Bottom Line
The Play & Freeze™ Ice Cream Maker is a fun and entertaining way to make ice cream.
- Incredibly easy to use.
- Only the basic ice cream ingredients are needed.
- It's the perfect after dinner entertainment for children.
- With the Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker, ice cream can be made anywhere like camping.
- Parts and instruction book fit in ball for storage.
- Unless there's absolutely nothing else to do, older teens might find rolling the ball monotonous.
- Play & Freeze™ Ice Cream Maker is a fun way to make ice cream without electricity.
- It's perfect for camping or a little indoor after-dinner entertainment for children.
- It's simple to use. Fill one end with ice and rock salt. Add cream, sugar and vanilla to the other end and roll.
- Comes with an instruction/recipe book.
- Comes in two sizes - 1 pint and the Mega which makes 1-quart of ice cream. It also comes in lots of colors. Mine is purple.
Guide Review - The Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker
Last Saturday night, we invited a friend and his family for dinner. I was worried what to do with two 15-year-olds, one 13-year-old and a 4-year-old after dinner. It worked out perfectly, because I had the Mega Play and Freeze™ Ice Cream Maker. Before dinner I mixed the ice cream ingredients and put them in the fridge to keep them cold. After dinner, I filled the bottom of the Mega Play and Freeze™ Ice Cream Maker with ice and rock salt. Closed that side up and filled the other side with my ice cream mixture of cream, sugar and vanilla extract. You can make other flavors, but I already had a chocolate cake to go with the ice cream. I gave the Mega ball to my daughter. She and the rest of the kids sat on the floor in the front entrance way and rolled the ball back and forth. Half way through the process, my daughter emptied the water out of the bottom. Added more ice and rock salt. The rolled for another 15-minutes. We forgot to stir after re-filling the ice, so the center wasn't quite frozen. It didn't matter, we ate it anyway. I'll admit the teens began to get a little bored by the end-of it. Otherwise, they were all proud that they made ice cream for dessert.