Thanks to the Kellogg Company for sharing the recipe and photo for Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Hidden Surprise Easter Egg Treats™.
Prep Time: 30áminutes
Cook Time: 5áminutes
Total Time: 35áminutes
Yield: Makes 12
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/2 cup M&M'S Brand Chocolate Candies (for hidden inside the eggs)
- Canned frosting or decorating gel (optional)
- 12 plastic snap-apart 3 x 2-in Easter eggs
- Clean, then coat inside of plastic eggs with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using greased hands, firmly press 1/4 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Use fingers to make hollow center in each half. Remove from molds. Place on wax paper. Cool slightly.
- Place about 6 M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies in one half of each egg. Gently press two halves of each egg together until they stick. Cool completely.
- Decorate with frosting and additional M&M'S® Brand Chocolate Candies (if desired). Best if served the same day.
- Cool down: Let the Rice Krispies Treats cool for 10 minutes before molding them.
- Eggstra good idea: Pop the Rice Krispies Treats in the fridge for a few minutes to cool after shaping, which will allow them to set faster.
- Un-stick:Be sure to coat the inside of the plastic eggs with cooking spray, and spray a little on hands and spoons to keep the mixture from sticking.
- To dye for: Add food coloring in the marshmallow and butter mixture before you pour in the Rice Krispies cereal for a more festive look.
- Finishing Touch: Dip the finished eggs in chocolate for an extra-sweet layer of flavor. Use white chocolate for a truer-to-life look.
More Easter Treats
Tropical Carrot Cake
Piña Colada Cake
Panoramic Easter Egg
Coloring Eggs with Dye
Bar Cookie Recipes
Clean Your Pantry Bars
The Best Brownies
Apple Butter Oat Bars
Sunflower Almond Bar Cookies
Even More Bar Cookies Like Lemon Bars