Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 18-ounce white or yellow cake mix
- 4 serving-size instant vanilla pudding
- 2 oranges, zest and juice*, zest only divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons melted and cooled butter or vegetable oil, divided
- 4 cups (one pound) powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur
- *Additional orange juice may be needed
Make glaze by sifting powdered sugar into large bowl. In glass measuring cup, add freshly squeezed orange juice. If not enough to measure 1/3 cup, fill remaining with already made orange juice or water. Add to powdered sugar along with remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter, zest of 1 orange and orange liqueur. Stir until combined.
With your fingertips, carefully and completely dip warm cupcakes into glaze. Place bottom down on prepared cooling rack. Allow cupcake glaze to harden before storing in an airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen mini-cupcakes.