Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Already prepared batter* for 2-layer yellow, white or lemon cake
- 1 cup lemon curd**, divided
- Enough Vanilla Frosting*** 2-layer cake
- Optional: Lemon Zest or Candied Lemon Peel
In medium-sized bowl, stir in remaining lemon curd into vanilla frosting. Completely combine. Spread on cooled cupcakes. Garnish with lemon zest or peel.
* If you use a cake mix, be sure to check-out my article on Cake Mix Magic or you could use this recipe for Basic Yellow Cake.
**You can buy Lemon Curd in jars at your local grocery store or you could make your own Homemade Lemon Curd.
*** A can of store bought icing may be used or you could make your own Buttercream Frosting.