Using cream of coconut makes this pie really flavorful and the lime juice and zest cut down on some of the sweetness.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Zest and juice from 1 lime (or 3 tablespoons lime juice concentrate)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can Coco Lopez® Cream of Coconut
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 (10-inch or 9-inch deep dish) pie shell, baked
- 1 cup heavy cream, sweetened and whipped (or 4-ounce container frozen whipped topping
In heavy saucepan, combine water, cornstarch, lime juice and zest. Mix well. Add eggs and cream of coconut. Completely combine. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring often. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and pour into pie shell. Mix rest of coconut into whipped cream. Spread cream on top of pie. Chill before serving. Store in refrigerator.