- Use only the freshest ingredients.
- Large eggs are the standard eggs used.
- Try not to use substitute fats. If the recipe calls for butter, use butter.
- Make sure you measure your ingredients properly.
- Keep the dough chilled in between baking batches of cookies.
- Cool your cookie sheets by running tepid water over the back of them.
- And last but not least, don't eat all the cookie dough. Save some for the baking process.
- Soft cookies, such as bar cookies, are stored in a container with a tight lid. If they tend to dry out, add a slice of apple to the container.
- Crisp cookies should be stored in a container with a loose lid, like a cookie jar. If there is a lot of humidity in your area, add a piece of bread to the container. The bread helps to absorb the moisture.