Published by Lark Crafts, 2011
An Imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Top Ten Reasons I Like Sweet Confections
- Easy Can Be Pretty
Look closely at the photographs. It didn't take much for the candies to look pretty just add a few nuts, a candied fruit or a sprinkle of salt.
- I Like That Sweet and Salty Combination
Speaking of salt... A good portion of the recipes in Sweet Confections definitely meet my need for sweet and salty treats.
- Takes the Fear out of Making Candy
Everything you need to know about candy making is covered in this book.
- Few Ingredients
Most recipes aren't loaded down with excessive ingredients.
- Clear Directions for Candy Making
Although, there are more in depth directions for making candy in separate chapters, each recipe includes all the steps necessary.
- Another Source for Edible Gifts
These days I make all of my gifts. I'm delighted to find several more gift ideas.
- Beautiful Photos
I am a visual person, and I prefer a photograph with any new recipe I try. Sweet Confections has excellent photos.
- Covers Candy Basics
Most cookbooks take for granted that everyone understands all the aspects of candy making. This cookbook does not.
- Makes Candy Making Fun
Candy making should be fun. Sweet Confections ensures your pleasure.
- Creative Twists to Candy-Standards
I'll admit it right now, my meringues never looked as good at the ones in this book.
Test Your Need for This Cookbook
- You want to make candy, but aren't sure how?
- Has your homemade candy has gotten boring?
- Are you're looking for some new treats for gift giving?
- Do you have someone in your life that you would like to learn the fine art of candy making?
- Are you an avid cookbook collector, but don't really have a good one for candy making?
Chapters and Sample Recipes and Techniques Found in Sweet Confections
Describes the various ingredients that go into candy such as sweeteners, chocolates, dairy, butter, spices, nuts and more
Tools needed to make candy such as a candy thermometer, pastry brushes, pizza wheel, ruler, knives, gloves, etc.
Various Candy Making Techniques including tempering chocolate and How to Caramelize Sugar
Toffee, Liquor Lollipops, Meringues, candied apples, sweet and salty snack tray, etc.
Vanilla Caramels, Saltwater Taffy, Jellies, Peach Turkish Delights, etc.
Fudge, Truffles, Marshmallows, Butter Mints, Divinity, etc.
Candy Essentials In the Pantry
Make your own vanilla, Candied Citrus Peel, Candied Ginger etc.