Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- One 18-1/4 ounce yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup club soda
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounce) instant pistachio pudding, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound white pistachio nuts in the shell, shelled and crushed*
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 envelope (1-1/2 ounce) envelope of powdered whipping cream
Icing: Mix 1-1/2 cups milk, with instant whipped topping, and 1 box instant pistachio pudding. Mix on low to combine and then on high for 4 minutes. Fold in nuts and spread on cooled cake.
For a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan, bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool in pan and then ice.
* 1 cup walnuts, pecans or shelled pistachios, chopped and lightly toasted may be substituted for the pistachios in the shells