Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix*
- 4 ounce serving size of instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Frangelico (hazelnut-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Frangelico
- 1 cup chopped and lightly toasted hazelnuts
Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in Frangelico.
Don't have a cake mix? Use this recipe for Lil's Pound Cake instead. Make the cake as directed except substitute hazelnut or almond extract for the vanilla. Then, just make the glaze as stated in this recipe.