Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- one 18 ounce white or yellow cake mix
- one 4-serving size blackberry gelatin
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted and cooled butter
- 2 cups blackberry wine, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pint whole blackberries, rinsed and dried
Preparation:Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour bundt cake pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and powdered gelatin mix. Stir to combine. Place nuts in a small bowl. Scoop out 1/4 cup of the cake mixture to add to nuts. Stir to combine and set aside. To the cake mixture bowl add eggs, oil and 1 cup wine. Mix until just combined. Then mix for 2 minutes until mixture is smooth. Hand stir in coated nuts. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove cake from oven an cool in pan for 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add remaining 1 cup wine and sugar. Stir until combined. Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Grizzle warm glaze over cake. Garnish with whole blackberries.