Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 - 16 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 18-ounce yellow cake mix
- 3 Granny Smith (or other tart apples), peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups walnuts, lightly toasted and broken into pieces
- 1 cup prepared caramel topping, slightly warm
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan onto serving plate. Drizzle with warmed caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
Serve warm or room temperature with whipped or ice cream.