This recipe for bread machine Onion Bread uses onion soup mix as its main ingredient.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3-4 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer's directions. The onion soup mix is added at the fruit and nut signal. Depending on your machine this could be anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes into the cycle. Remember, when adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will insure the proper timing of the yeast reaction. This bread is processed at the Basic(Standard) or Timed Cycle, or according to manufacturer's directions. Makes one 2 pound loaf.