Bread Machines bake bread in 2 to 4 hours. Two hour loaves are done on a rapid cycle. Regular bread bakes in about 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Use the fruit and nut cycle for breads with add ins like fruits, nuts, cheese and so on. The machine will beep in 30 to 40 minutes after you've started the machine. This is when the extra ingredients are added. Loaves of bread that take 4 hours are generally heavier like whole wheat breads.
How the Bread Machine Makes BreadAfter you:
- Read the recipe.
- Place the ingredients in the machine according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Push a couple of buttons.
- Warm the ingredients to bring them to an even temperature.
- Knead twice.*
- Allow the dough to rise.
- Mix dough again.
- Allow to rise again.
- Then bake the dough.
*Rapid rise loaves only knead once.
*Top Three Ways Bread Machine Bread is Ruined
- Not reading the recipe.
- Adding too much flour.
- Not having fresh yeast.
My Favorite Bread Machine Bread Serving Ideas
- Early in the day, I get the machine ready to go. So the bread is done for dinner.
- Before going to bed, I'll set-up the bread machine. Everyone loves waking-up to freshly baked bread for breakfast.
- I use freshly baked bread to make a meal of leftovers not seem so leftover.
- Adding a loaf of bread to a light dinner like big salads or soup make it seem like a bigger dinner.
You Can Make Bread Machine Bread AnytimeJust keep these ingredients on hand -
- Bread Machine Flour
- Butter (It is the best for in and on the bread)
- Dry Milk
- Bread Machine Yeast
- Variety of Spices