Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 48 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 13 minutes
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 18 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
- 1-3/4 cup two kinds raw nuts (pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, pine nuts)
- 3/4 cup salted nuts (mixed nuts, cashews, peanuts)
While dough is baking, in large mixing bowl beat together remaining 2 eggs and corn syrup. Add brown sugar and combine completely. Stir in chips and nuts. Spread over warm crust. Return to oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes more. Chocolate Nut Bars are done when top doesn't shake when pan is moved.
Makes 48 2-inch square bar cookies.