Prep Time: 24 hours, 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 25 hours, 5 minutes
- 1-8 ounce jar preparted mincemeat (apprx. 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- pastry for double crust 9-inch pie
Combine all ingredients, except pastry, until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The Next Day:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line pie plate with pastry. Prick with fork or fill with pie weights. Prebake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Add undrained mincemeat to pie crust. For top crust, either prepare a lattice top or a full crust with slits. Seal and flute edges. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with flavored whipped cream.