Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: One 9-inch Pie
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups pecans, chopped, lightly toasted
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 9-inch deep-dish unbaked pie crust
- 1/3 cup (+/-) nice looking pecan halves
Beat eggs will in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, whiskey, salt and melted butter to eggs, mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle chopped pecans and chopped chocolate in pie shell. Pour egg mixture oven pecans. Arrange pecan halves around edge of filling next to crust for decoration. Bake Pecan Pie on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue baking for 25 to 35 minutes, or until set.
Serve with whipped or ice cream.