Take an apple pie a step higher by adding caramel to it for this recipe for Simple Caramel Apple Pie.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Yield: One 9-inch Pie
- 10 pieces caramel candy, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups peeled, cored, chopped apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- one 9-inch unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine caramel pieces and flour in large bowl. Add apples, topping and juice; mix well. Pour into pie crust. Top with walnut. To prevent the crust getting too brown, bake for 15 to 20 minutes and tent crust. Bake for another 20 minutes or until done. Cool before serving.