Learn about the Smucker's recipe contest.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) single Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples (about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- or 1/4 cup Smucker's Organic Orange Marmalade
- Powdered sugar
PEEL and core apples. Cut in half, end-to-end. Slice apples crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices. Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Randomly place about 1/2 of apples into bottom of crust in two layers, cutting apples as necessary to fill all gaps. Arrange row of apples lengthwise along outside edge of pan, overlapping the slices about 1/8 inch. Fill in center with smaller pieces of apples. Dot with butter.
BAKE 55 to 65 minutes or until apples are fork tender and edges of apples begin to brown. Cool on wire rack. Heat orange marmalade in small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 20 seconds; stir. Brush marmalade over tart. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving