If you're like me, when I'm ready to bake, I'm ready to bake. I don't want to wait for my cream cheese to soften on the counter. I've tried using it half softened and ended up with chunks of cheese through out my dish. Here are simple directions for softening cream cheese in your microwave.
Time Required: 15 Seconds
- Place 1 completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in a microwavable bowl or on a microwavable plate.
- Microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds.
- Add 15 seconds for each additional package of cheese.
- Using a plate makes it easier to scrape the cheese off.
- You might wish to turn the cheese over halfway through microwaving.