All sugars are not measured the same.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Granulated sugar is measured by lightly spooning it into a measuring cup.
- Then top is leveled with a straight edge.
- Confectioners' sugar is sometimes sifted before and sometimes after being measured.
- It is also lightly spooned into a cup and then leveled off.
- Brown sugar is packed into a measuring cup using pressure with a spoon.
- When properly packed, it should hold its shape when inverted from the cup.
- It is important to properly measure to get the best results from the recipe.
- Always dissolve any lumps in sugar before measuring.
- Sifting confectioners' sugar adds volume.